An all-inclusive holiday to Mexico could be the ideal option for your summer getaway this year. Mexico is one of the most popular destinations for all-inclusive deals – the beautiful year-round climate and stunning beaches probably have something to do with that. So if you have your heart set on Mexico, going all-inclusive is certainly an option you should consider.
Many people are now choosing to go all-inclusive rather than booking everything separately or choosing a standard package tour. Although all-inclusive breaks were once the preserve of the rich, increasingly competitive prices are making all-inclusive breaks more popular for people who would previously not even have considered such an option. The reasons for their popularity include:
• More competitive, making them more affordable than ever before
• Cheaper when you take out all of the added extras you pay for on holiday
• Easier to budget for your holiday
• Less hassle when it comes to planning your getaway
However, even if you like the idea of an all-inclusive holiday in Mexico, there are a number of factors that you should consider first.
Find Out Exactly What Is Included
Although all-inclusive holidays suggest that everything is included, different companies have different interpretations of what ‘all-inclusive’ really means. For this reason, it is essential to carry out some initial research on any resorts that look interesting. A few things to be aware of include:
• Included drinks are often local brands, and you will have to pay more for imported drinks.
• Although food may be advertised as included, you may have to pay extra for one of the more exclusive restaurants in the resort.
• Some resorts charge extra for activities and sports.
• You may have to pay extra to go on organised day trips.
The above are a few common examples of where you may find yourself spending more than you thought you would. Due to the fact that every resort is different, it really does make sense to find out what you can expect before you travel to avoid any nasty surprises upon arrival.
Choose the Right Resort for Your Needs
One of the most important things of all when choosing a resort is to make sure that it accommodates your needs. The great thing about all-inclusive resorts, such as those offered by Club Med and other trusted providers, is that they cater for all parties. Some are designed especially for honeymooners or those on a romantic getaway, so you will want to avoid these if you’re travelling as a family.
Other things to consider when choosing a family resort include:
• Do you want to stay in a large resort or something smaller and more exclusive?
• Will you want lots of activities available, or is a simple beach enough?
• Are there any clubs for the kids to keep them happy and give you a break?
• Are you happy to stay in the resort, or do you want to explore the surroundings? If so, are there any nearby attractions and can you arrange transport to them?
Read Some Reviews
Perhaps the most important thing of all to do before you book your all-inclusive holiday to Mexico, is to read up on some online reviews, to find out what your chosen resort is really like. For popular resorts in Mexico, you can always find some reviews online, so carry out a quick search and it will not take long to find some.
Plan Your Perfect Mexican Holiday
Mexico is a stunning destination for a family holiday, so if you want to enjoy a holiday where you can budget effectively months in advance and avoid hidden extras, an all-inclusive deal could be the perfect option. Just keep the above factors in mind and you will soon find your perfect resort, where you can spend a week or two in the glorious tropical sun.
Alex Norman is a travel consultant who also enjoys taking his family on holidays. His articles mainly appear on family travel blogs.